- Women's mjolnir necklace for shield maidens.
- The Mjolnir necklace is made of solid sterling silver and it is just the right size for ladies.
- It is the perfect size for a shield maiden’s daily wear.
- The sleek design is a symbol of the iconic role that Mjolnir hammer played in Germanic paganism during the Viking Age.
- Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god associated with thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome and powerful weapons in existence, capable of levelling mountains.
In Skáldskaparmál Thor uses his hammer to bless Baldr's ship at his and Nana's ship funeral.
To wield his hammer, Thor wore the a magical belt, which boosted the wearer's strength and a pair of special iron gloves, to lift the hammer.
The hammer was also his main weapon when fighting giants.
The uniquely shaped symbol subsequently became a very popular ornament during the Viking Age and has since become an iconic symbol of Germanic paganism.
- Mjolnir was also seen as a divine instrument for blessings. It would be used to officiate religious ceremonies, bless new births and marriages.
- The women's mjolnir necklace is made of stainless steel and chain size is 70 cm.
- This is a unique design that is not found in stores.
- Please allow for 12 to 20 days for your order to be delivered. Give your friend, significant other, colleague or someone important in your life a gift that has a deep meaning.